FASNA are supported by Lathams, who, as specialist education architects provide advice and expertise tailored to the needs of schools large and small.
At times when funding is limited Lathams can help schools to plan and prepare for their own future, by
- understanding, or helping to develop, the school’s Vision (L)
- assessing the existing building stock (A)
- analysing the demands of the curriculum (C)
- preparing room demand schedules (A/C)
- clarifying the accommodation brief (A)
- selecting furniture, fittings and interactive support in response to learning styles (C/A)
- creating the spaces to support traditional or transformational pedagogies (C/A)
- developing a masterplan that could realise the Vision (A/L)
- selecting realistic phases for implementation, recognising limitations of funding (A/F)
- building client capacity to determine the brief at both management and departmental level (L)
- illustrating best practice undertaken elsewhere (L)
- designing attractive, sustainable, energy efficient accommodation, whether refurbished, converted, altered, extended, or new buildings, that inspire pupils and staff alike to greater achievement and higher standards (A)
- involving pupils to improve the school’s sustainability, and learn from the design and construction process (C/A)
- advising how to maximise the impact of expenditure upon the image and reputation of the school (L/F)
- managing the process from inception to completion. Lathams have the experience of advising over 100 schools, improving their facilities, transforming their image and, for many, their whole premises over a ten or fifteen year period.
Lathams have the experience of advising over 100 schools, improving their facilities, transforming their image and, for many, their whole premises over a ten or fifteen year period.
Lathams also offer
- Feasibility and planning advice through their qualified town planners (L/F)
- Designs for outdoor learning through their qualified landscape architects (A/C)
- The creative reuse of historic buildings through their Accredited Conservation Architects (A)
Key to areas of assistance: Leadership (L); Curriculum (C); Funding (F); Asset management (A)
Through FASNA, Lathams offer a free initial half day consultancy, visiting your school and providing initial advice on the potential and opportunities to reinvigorate your existing offer, or transform, or expand, or renew your accommodation.
We can provide ‘real time’ three dimensional analysis of the impact of furniture arrangements upon the utilisation of space.